Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Things That I Keep Meaning to Tell You..














I can't believe I never posted more than two things to this blog.
I'm going to act like I do this all the time, is that all right? Of course it is...

15 minutes until Thanksgiving, and I'm running a list of my head of things to say I am thankful for at the table. But since I'll probably save myself from rambling on and forcing everyone to wait yet longer for their feast, I had better just list them all here to save their ears.

I am daily thankful for the chance to have the education that I want. My first semester at Drury has been a challenge, but I have made progress, met some great people (Sara, you are a dream!) and I'm going to Japan for a study abroad program in the spring. It's hard to believe that I am in college, that all of my parents' children are now grown and that someday soon even I shall be out of the house.
I'm thankful for my family, most of all. That remains one of the more popular statements to make, but that is something to be thankful for in itself - that there is love, and that it exists in our lives. Lately I have been thinking a lot about the dynamics of family, what constitutes a family, and why they are important. How wonderful and sometimes painful it can be to have your life wrapped up inside the lives of other human beings. I thank God that I am not isolated, that I have family and friends to love and be loved by, that they support me and that I can support them. What a blessing to see God's love come out in relationship with other people, and his plan for us all.
I sound like Tiny Tim.
Oh! I am so thankful for the holiday season! My schedule for the rest of this month into the end of January is already full and I am excited for the opportunity to see, well, everyone! California family, Andrew, Grandparents (especially the Texas ones..), Melissa who is in Mexico right now, and Alex! Finals week gives me stress but I know I'll make it through, and what amazing things I have to look forward to!
I'm also thankful for material things that I can see, taste, touch, smell, and ... read! Everything from nature to fashion to crafts and books has been inspiring me lately, and I can't wait to get some free time to complete a few projects:
1. My night table that is currently half-painted, and I would have completed by now but the wind has been picking up in the Ozarks these past few days, and I haven't had a chance to paint without all of it blowing into my face.
2. Letters for Africa team members - mainly Josh, my main squeeze- my goal is a large number and I'm hoping my creativity will carry me through! Traditional letters are great but there are only so many things to say pertaining to one trip.
3. Christmas presents, both creating them and shopping for them. I always want to get this done early but a few special things have been difficult to get to thus far. I shouldn't pressure myself so much, after all it's only Thanksgiving.
4. Random sewing/drawing projects that are too diverse to name, including some much necessary moc-making.

Whew! I need to make shorter posts... like say, one photo and one thought? Yeah, maybe tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Finally!
    I'm glad you posted. :) Happy Thanksgiving, sister!
    I miss you and love you.
    I love reading what you write, and when you have the time, you should post! I know I'm pretty bad at posting all consistently, but hey I gots other things on mah mind. I'm sure you do too!
    I'm so thankful for Family this year. Joining families has been one of the best gifts, and God couldn't have picked a better family.
    Love you!
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet!! ^__^ Love your thoughts! You are such a dream yourself XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete