Monday, December 7, 2009

we're living in a den of thieves..

It seems that no amount of audible, repetitious reasoning can make me feel less nervous about my first semester's finals at Drury.
Although I am very fortunate that I only have to take three, they are of course in my three hardest classes and I have two in one day.
But this is not so much to worry about..
The main issue is campus life. I'm so thankful to have met a few sweet girls and the time I have spent with them is precious and I hope that it continues, however.. exposure to yet more of the disappointment that is the human race has begun to bring me down. Okay, that may be a bit harsh. Still...
I'm so ready for the holidays, which are all happiness and light (hopefully, barring any over-zealous family discussions) and I am in serious need of the peace they will provide, badly and urgently.
As a kid and a teenager, I was a total under achiever; a belief that God has a will for my life has changed that a lot. I want to be and do everything that I can, but I am only one little person. A girl who is still growing up and finding who she is, exploring the world, and will likely be in that same state for a long remainder of time. For this reason I really hope to do well this semester, so that I will gain confidence - something I strode into university with at first, but has slowly diminished over the past few months. Part of maturity is realizing what you don't know, which turns out to be.. well, almost everything.
I pray for God to be my hope, be my encouragement, and my shelter. Provide me with the strength to persevere through stressful times. Help me not to let other people steal away my identity. Your love and grace flood over me.

and it's contagious...

photo.php.jpg

p.s., I miss you brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment